This dish is a favorite of every beef lover. As, the boneless short ribs quickly capture all the flavors. And as the crunch on the top increases, the beef becomes tender and juicy on the inside. Which makes the dish even better.
Additionally, Korean-style dishes have incredibly delicious flavors. Which not only makes the dish delicious but also healthy. It boosts your immune system and increases the metabolism level in the body. As a result, you will stay absolutely fit.
Air Fryer Beef Short Ribs take just 10 minutes to cook perfectly. Because the short ribs are the cow’s most tender and flatter part. That absorbs the spices in no time. And it gives you all the flavors like restaurants.
How beef ribs are different from beef short ribs!
Both of these are essential organs of a cow’s body with similar functions. But there is a slight but clear difference. That is about their shapes and beef amount. Shorter ribs are stubby and straight. While, the other beef ribs are curved and long.
Also, short ribs have less meat on their tops. Due to this, its meat easily separates from the bones and turns into boneless beef. In contrast, other ribs contain a large amount of meat. And it is quite tricky to cut. In addition, short ribs beef is slightly more salty than others.
Due to this, it needs only a little seasoning. That makes it more tasty and delicious. And being boneless, it takes much less time to cook. It is also known as “Korean short beef ribs”. And this is one of their top dishes.
Ingredients for short ribs air fryer:
This recipe contains numerous anticipated flavors with smooth textures. But some tastes are built due to the Korean ingredients present in it. Also, they provide you with healthy nourishment. That maintains your health as well. So, definitely consider them.
- First, you should have 2lbs/3ponds of boneless short ribs. It is the main ingredient of the dish, which is not only tasty but also relatively healthy. And boneless meat takes a little time to cook.
- Secondly, you need 2 tablespoons of coconut amino. That provides sweet, savory flavors to your dish. As well as it increases the anti-inflammatory properties in your body.
- Thirdly, use 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil spray. You can also use oil spray to brush over the air fryer tray. It provides a neutral balance in your dish. Also, it proves helpful in reducing cardiovascular issues.
- Fourthly, must add ½ tablespoon of rice vinegar. It has a tangy taste. That makes your dish a little crispy. Along with this, it also makes the digestion process very easy. And also prevents you from stomach issues.
- Fifthly, you have to consider 2 tablespoons of garlic salt. This salt is made by the combination of salt and garlic powder. It gives a captivating flavor to air fryer short ribs. Besides, it controls your high blood pressure and cholesterol levels in body.
- Next, you need 1 tablespoon of grated onion powder. It tastes like mild crispy. On the other hand, onion plays a vital role in reducing body inflammation. Due to this, your body becomes completely healthy.
- Never forget to use half a tablespoon of coarse salt. This creates a sweet and crisp taste in your dish. In addition, it protects your muscles from cramps.
- One more ingredient is the use of ½ tablespoon of black pepper. It feels hot in taste. But it is nutritionally healthy. Like, it overcomes the pain of bones, including all the joints.
- Now, consider 2 tablespoons of tamari or soy sauce. It adds a Korean spice touch to the meal. Also, it gives a smooth texture to ribs. Tamari is the primary source of protein
- Next, you just need 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. This one is the crucial ingredient in whole dish. That makes the topping of beef sweet and crunchy.
- Always use ½ tablespoon of red chili flakes and fresh parsley. These elements work efficiently in the presentation of a dish.
- Optional ingredient- the Gochugaru is basically a Korean element. That provides a smoky flavor to ribs’ snacks. We use its 1 tablespoon. It is available in market stores, even in online grocery sites.
- Our last and final element is ½ tablespoon honey. We suggest it due to its charming, sweet taste. However, it stabilizes the spicy flavors in the meal. In short, honey perfectly balances out all flavors in a dish.
Perfect seasoning of short ribs air fryer!
To cook the beef, it must be marinated first. This allows your meat cubes to absorb all the spices deeply. The more you dry the beef after marinating, the better crunch and flavor it will give after air frying. So, season the meat a day before and store it in the refrigerator. As Tri tip is also beef so the cooking process is quite similar.
Just follow our procedure to get a perfectly seasoned short ribs air fryer.
- Take a large container and a beater. And pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ½ tablespoon of honey. Blend it with a spoon. Then, take 1 tablespoon of coconut amino in the mixture.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of garlic salt and 1 tablespoon of grated onion powder. After that, add ½ tablespoon of coarse salt and ½ tablespoon of black pepper.
- At this step, we have to add the ingredients with both flavors. So, use ½ tablespoon of rice vinegar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Next, take the ½ tablespoon of chili flakes in a bowl.
- Finally, sprinkle the soy sauce and gochugaru on the material. Blend the mixture very well. Until it comes in the buttery, creamy form.
- Now, marinate the short beef ribs with the prepared mixture. And keep it at rest for 5 minutes after the complete seasoning.
How to air fry the beef short ribs?
It is the actual cooking procedure. That takes a maximum of 10 minutes. Firstly, place a perforated foil on the air fryer flask. And spray the oil on it. Preheat the air fryer to at specific temperature of 360 °F/190 °C. This preheat process must take 2 minutes.
Then, start arranging the cubes of marinated ribs on the flask. This arrangement can be in a random direction. As the cubes get easily adjusted in the air fryer. But don’t place the cubes on top of each other. In this case, the crunch will develop slowly.
Now, set the temperature at 320°F/150°C. And put the timing of 10 minutes. But flip all the cubes after 5 minutes to change the direction. This will cook both sides of short ribs well. After 10 minutes, take out the beef cubes from air fryer. And set in a tray. Your meal is ready now!
Presenting the air fryer short ribs!
The presentation of every dish increases its beauty. But a lot of people get confused in presenting the foods. Here, we explain a simple and quick method to serve beef short ribs.
First, take a large tray. It doesn’t matter if it is made of plastic, marble or glass. You can choose anyone. Then, place a tissue paper on the tray. However, there is no oil in the cubes. But it is a precautionary step. That protects your crockery pot from grease.
Now, arrange all the beef short ribs on the tray. The order in which the cubes are arranged must be rounded. Place some salad banchan in the center of tray. Salad bacahan is a Korean ingredient. That gives a Korean touch to our meal.
Then, set the coriander parsley around the cubes. Also, spread the mayonnaise and garlic sauce on the cubes. It makes the dish more appealing.
Beef Short Ribs Air Fryer gets a wonderful crunch when cooked in the air fryer. Whereas microwave oven short ribs are not as crispy. Always use Korean salads while serving this dish. This fast rib-based meal is itself a Korean food.
We recommend the use of kimchi and salad banchan to present this dish. Both of them are famous Korean elements. Also, remember to store the leftover beef cubes. The refrigerator is the best storage source.
Can we reheat the remaining beef short ribs?
Yes, you can. But take frozen short ribs out of the refrigerator for about 1 hour before reheating. And use half a tablespoon of oil while reheating the beef ribs. The reheating process takes only 6 minutes.
How can we serve the boneless beef ribs air fryer?
Set any Korean element while serving short ribs cubes. Also, place the coriander parsley around the cubes. Spread the mayonnaise and garlic sauce on cubes. It makes the dish more appealing.
How soy sauce is a protein source?
Soy sauce provides a smooth crunch on the top of cubes. As well as it is a protein source. That makes the dish healthy. And also protects you from heart issues.
Marco Bianchi, a culinary virtuoso with a flair for innovation, has made a name for himself as a celebrated chef in the United States. Born with a passion for cooking, Marco’s culinary journey began in his early years, inspired by the diverse flavors and techniques he encountered.